Anakyklos is a non-for-profit organization. There are no profits, shares or dividends involved. Any surplus income of Anakyklos, after covering the running costs and expenditure to cover its activities, is used to support social and environmental projects and activities carried out by Anakyklos and/or other organizations.
Anakyklos employs 35 persons, most of whom were previously unemployed. The employment of these people constitutes a significant contribution of Anakyklos in the effort to create “green” employment positions.
VISION AND AIMS
The vision of Anakyklos is to contribute, through research, economic activity and active social intervention, to the creation of a clean, healthy and sustainable environment.
Our aims are:
- The protection of the environment, the sustainable management of natural resources and the promotion of environmental technologies and the use of alternative, renewable energy (solar, wind, geothermal etc.).sources.
- The promotion of an environmenally friendly management and reuse of recyclable material, aiming to reduce the production of waste.
- The promotion of conservation of energy, water and other natural resources.
- The promotion of bio diversity and ecological agriculture and the protection from the production and distribution of genetically modified products.
- Combating the greenhouse effect and the emission of carbon dioxide to deal with global warming and climate change.
- Combating soil, water, and air pollution, as well as noise pollution and their harmful impact to health, the environment and everyday life.
- The reduction of dependency on conventional fuel, the wide extension of public transport and the promotion of walking and environmentally friendly means of transport such as the bicycle.
- The protection, conservation and restoration of trees and of free open spaces in cities, of forests, beaches and the natural environment generally.
- The promotion of the natural way of life and physiolatry (the love of nature).